www.garageplans.co.uk is a Northern Ireland based company providing architectural services to the public at an affordable cost. Concentrating on the domestic home improvement market within Northern Ireland we are able to provide tailored designs to meet your needs.
We act in a professional manner using creativity with a practical understanding of structures and materials to provide for people's living and working environments. In satisfying your need, we take into consideration factors such as: aesthetics; the personal tastes and needs of the client; the site; materials; costs; and environmental factors.
We are not just concerned with buildings, but with improving the built environment.
The range of tasks that we can perform include:
- interpreting client needs for a new structure or modification of an existing structure;
- preparing sketch and detailed drawings and plans;
- discussing designs with clients and builders;
- estimating costs;
- preparing specifications and documents for approval by local authorities and for use by builders and tradesmen which indicate dimensions, materials, fittings, and even furnishings;
- preparing contract documents;
- consulting with engineers, quantity surveyors, landscape architects and other specialists involved in the project;
- management and control of the building work to ensure it proceeds according to the contract and specifications.
We can advise you on all aspects of building including:
- designing and planning
- selecting a site
- undertaking feasibility studies
- managing the building budget
- selecting and managing the project team
- designing the interior
- landscaping the surrounds
- maintaining the building
We are experienced in coordinating project teams including builders, tradesmen, landscape architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and interior designers.
- We will listen carefully to what you want.
- Our designs will consider important things such as site conditions, the sun and views so you get the best design for your budget.
- We will also prepare technical drawings and specifications for building approvals and for construction of your project.
Where we work
We undertake projects within and around the following areas: All of Belfast, Newtownards, Bangor, Ards Peninsula, Comber, Ballynahinch, Downpatrick, Lisburn, Banbridge, Craigavon, Portadown, Newtownabbey and Carrickfergus.
What Do We Do?
You have a vision of what you want. Now you need to make that vision a reality. Here's how we can help you:
We see the big picture.
We are specially educated to help you define what you want to build, present options you might never have considered, and help you get the most for your valuable investment. We don't just design four walls and a roof, we create total environments, both interiors and exteriors, which are functional and exciting places in which to work and live.
We solve problems creatively.
We are trained problem solvers. Need more room for your growing family? Let us show you how to enlarge your home so you won't have to move. Have a limited budget? We can propose ways to get more for your investment than you imagined possible.
We help you get the most from your construction budget.
We can reduce building costs, decrease your home's energy needs, and increase its future resale value through good design.
We make your life easier.
Building is a long process that is often messy and disruptive, particularly if you're living in the dwelling while it's under construction. We represents you, not the contractors. We look out for your interests and smooth the process; help find qualified construction contractors, and visit the work site to help protect you against work that's not according to plan.
Speak with us at the earliest stage of the design process to get the best outcome.
- Building Technology,
- CAD Services,
- Cladding and Facade Design,
- Community Development,
- Community Planning & Participation,
- Conservation & Restoration,
- Construction Techniques,
- Contract Administration,
- Design for the Disabled,
- Design Services Only,
- Drawing Service,
- Energy/Environmental Expertise,
- Full Architectural Service,
- Materials Advice,
- Planning Applications,
- Production Information,
- Remedial Work,
- Rural Planning/Design,
- Self Build,
- Small Works,
- Systems Building,
- Working Drawings only,
Consultancy Services Include
- Building Failures,
- Building Standards Issues,
- Bylaw Requirements,
- Client Representative,
- Planning Advice,
- Rights of Light Advice,
- Security Advice.
Pre and Post Project Services Include
- Building Maintenance,
- Feasibility Studies,
- Building Management,
- Site Finding,